Jerry Leiber & Nick Ashford





Listen, baby

Ain't no mountain high

Ain't no vally low

Ain't no river wide enough, baby



If you need me, call me

No matter where you are

No matter how far

Just call my name

I'll be there in a hurry

You don't have to worry







When the night has come

And the land is dark

And the moon is the only light we'll see

No I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid

Just as long as you stand, stand by me



And darlin', darlin', stand by me, oh now now stand by me

Stand by me, stand by me



If the sky that we look upon

Should tumble and fall

And the mountains should crumble to the sea

I won't cry, I won't cry, no I won't shed a tear

Just as long as you stand, stand by me



En este mundo las cosas siempre cambian, pero siempre habrá cosas inmutables que perdurarán a lo largo de generaciones, ya que siempre habrá espacio para el deseo de hacer de este mundo un lugar mejor, más solidario y menos egoísta. Lo que realmente importa es aquello que nosotros podemos hacer, sólo es cuestión de voluntad y no conformarse, no dejarse manipular aceptando las mentiras que cada día nos lanzan como verdades de fe.







Nick Ashford y Valerie Simpson interpretando el clásico "Reach and Touch Somebody's Hand" junto a Ben E. King, Roberta Flack, Phyllis Hyman, Cissy Houston, Paul Shaffer, Stevie Wonder, y Patti LaBelle.



Reach out and touch

Somebody's hand

Make this world a better place

If you can

Reach out and touch

Somebody's hand

Make this world a better place

If you can



(Just try)

Take a little time out of your busy day

To give encouragement

To someone who's lost the way

(Just try)

Or would I be talking to a stone

If I asked you

To share a problem that's not your own

We can change things if we start giving

Why don't you






I took my troubles down to Madame Rue

You know that gypsy with the gold-capped tooth

She's got a pad down on Thirty-Fourth and Vine

Sellin' little bottles of Love Potion Number Nine



I told her that I was a flop with chics

I've been this way since 1956

She looked at my palm and she made a magic sign

She said "What you need is Love Potion Number Nine"







+Información:



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashford & Simpson

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry Leiber & Mike Stoller

No comments:

Post a Comment